How to get a driving license in Malaysia
“This month’s expat survival looks at how to get your driving license here in Malaysia. While many dread the thought of driving in the Malaysia especially because of the KL traffic. There are few better ways to see the city and indeed the country.”
Important: You can only use your overseas or international drivers license for 3 months then you will need to get a Malaysian driver’s license.
If you already have a driver’s license then it is important to check with your embassy or a driving school for the procedure on changing your license. You won’t have to surrender your other license but there will be some procedures to follow. When visiting the relevant authorities remember to bring along your passport, work permit (or related info) and two passport sized color photographs.
For those first timers the following awaits you.
Five-hour road safety course.
This is conducted in Malay so take a good book and something to munch on. The driving school will provide a booklet to study for the written test.
Take written test.
The test is not hard it consists of 45 multiple choice questions of which you can only get 4 wrong. This test must be passed, if not you can not start the practical lessons. More to the point you have to sit the test again-a real waste of time.
Minimum of 16 hours of driving lessens.
This is where the fun begins. Hope you like manual Kancils. It’s not so bad-it teaches humility more than anything else. Here you not only learn to drive but to park as well. The instructors tend to be very helpful and will work on any problem areas. All you need do is ask.
Take the driving tests. One on the open road, the other in a car park.
Nervous? Don’t be. It’s simple. Just do as you did in practice, don’t be in a rush and everything will be fine. The car park test consists of performing a three point turn, a hill start (which can be a little tricky) and reverse parking. The open road is much more fun, just go for a drive for about 5 minutes, turn around and come back, again don’t be in a rush.
9 Comments »
- Online driving license renewal service soon
- Compound and Summons
- Petrol to cost RM2.70 from midnight
- Driving Stress, Fatigue and Nightblindedness
- Obtaining A Malaysian Drivers License
- Application for automatic conversion of foreign driving licence to Malaysian driving licence
- How to get a driving license in Malaysia
- Procedure to obtain a Valid License
- About « Biz Minded Blog
- My 1st Post on This Blog
- Some Malaysian Road Sign
- Commonly Used Words On Malaysian Road Signs
- Biz Minded Blog
- Kay Elll Talkies
- Amar’s Unit Trust Blog
- Driving License Services
- Online Business & Google Adsense
- How to Get a Lot of Money on Farmville
- Removing Pearly Penile Papules
- Treat Pearly Penile Papules
- Home Pregnancy Massages
- Mike’s App Dev Course iPhone Dev Secrets
- Rank Ace Internet Marketing SEO Traffic Tools
- Marc Ostrofsky's Get Rich Click